Allucent Appoints Life Science Veteran, Bob Millham, to Head Newly Formed Customer Engagement Unit
Cary, NC – Allucent is pleased to announce the appointment of Bob Millham to Global Head of Customer Engagement. Bob has been serving as Allucent’s President of Clinical Trial Operations since 2021, and as a 30-year veteran of the pharmaceutical industry brings vast experience and an impressive skill set to his new role.
An accomplished oncology drug development executive with a strong record of scientific, strategic, and financial leadership in pharma, biotech, and CRO settings, Millham worked as both sponsor and CRO in areas of oncology research including laboratory, clinical development, and clinical operations. He successfully built and led high-functioning global teams of increasing size and breadth who executed clinical development programs across multiple indications and phases of development.
“I’m excited to be able to leverage my experiences as both sponsor and CRO to ensure that our customers experience the best of what the A-Team can provide,” said Millham about his new role. “We’re creating something very special at Allucent, building on an already great service organization to help customers improve the well-being of patients everywhere.”
Other career highlights include:
- More than 15 years leading drug development programs and oncology clinical operations at Pfizer
- As Head of Oncology Clinical Operations, he designed comprehensive set of outsourcing models to provide strategic options for the Pfizer Oncology Business Unit
- As Project Team Lead, he was responsible for formulation and execution of Asian clinical development and registration strategy for dacomitinib, a second-generation EGFR inhibitor
- As head of the Oncology Business Unit at inVentiv Health, he partnered with leading Oncology Clinical Research network to develop a novel accelerated model for early stage trials, reducing start-up by 50%
- Authored or co-authored 8 peer-reviewed publications and more than 20 peer-reviewed abstracts and presentations
“Given Bob’s deep experience working in pharma and biotech, he has intimate knowledge of our customers’ needs, drivers, and challenges,” said Allucent Chairman and CEO, Mark Goldberg. “He’s laser-focused on the customer experience, and for these reasons, there’s no better person to run our Customer Engagement Unit.”
Customer Engagement is a new function specifically designed to enhance our customers’ experience and ensure their success from the point of first contact through project implementation and completion. By carving out and securing a team of experienced professionals and resources to ensure customer satisfaction, we further differentiate ourselves from the many tough competitors who serve and support the biotech industry.
Allucent is on a mission to help bring new therapies to light by solving the distinct challenges of small and mid-sized biotech companies. The company is purpose-built through the convergence of leading providers to address this unmet need. Today, Allucent is a global provider of comprehensive drug development solutions, including consulting, clinical operations, biometrics, and clinical pharmacology across a variety of therapeutic areas. With more than 30 years of experience in over 60 countries, Allucent’s individualized partnership approach provides experience-driven insights and expertise to assist its clients in successfully navigating the complexities of delivering novel treatments to patients.
Visit Allucent.com for more information.